Vlaamse Tinnitus en Hyperacusisvereniging
start training

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vlati // VLATI
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
panxing18

BerichtGeplaatst: 18-09-2018 09:00:09    Onderwerp: start training Reageren met citaat
Johnny Manziel’s first start in the Canadian Football League was a disaster of epic proportions. Manziel threw four interceptions and was benched in the fourth quarter with his Montreal Alouettes trailing his former team Reggie Ragland Jersey , the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, 47-3.

After the game, Manziel said it was a difficult step on his football journey.

“I think we got beat so bad, things went so bad, so quick that even throughout the game, even when I was in there JK Scott Jersey , I just kept telling myself that this is a test, this is the football gods humbling me,” Manziel said. “You come up here, it’s not the NFL, it’s the CFL, it’s different. You expect to do well. It’s what I’ve been accustomed to in college and had some moments in the NFL. Then you come up here and it’s not what you expected or are used to Drew Kaser Jersey , it’s a different place. This game humbles you.”

Alouettes head coach Mike Sherman indicated that Manziel will remain the starter next week, so it’s not time to pull the plug on the Johnny Football Canadian Experience just yet. But his first start did raise questions about just how ready he is to play football at a high level. Manziel did show occasional flashes, but the stats don’t lie: Manziel finished the game 11-for-20 for 104 yards, with no touchdowns and four interceptions, plus two rushes for four yards.

Manziel’s first game in Canada was a train wreck. He doesn’t only have a long way to go before he’s good enough to play in the NFL. He also has a long way to go before he’s good enough for the CFL.

Josh McCown is one of the many quarterbacks to start for the Jets as they’ve looked for long-term success at the position, but it doesn’t sound like he thinks the team will have to continue searching.

McCown said at minicamp in June that rookie Sam Darnold was getting better every day and he continued to drop praise on his younger teammate during an interview on Sirius XM NFL Radio this weekend.

“With Sam Byron Maxwell Jersey , we have the right guy, he’s wired the right way, he loves the game, he asks the right questions and he’s willing to work … That’s the foundation, you have to have that,” McCown said.

Darnold is set to start training camp as the No. 3 man on the depth chart behind McCown and Teddy Bridgewater Phillip Dorsett Jersey , but neither head coach Todd Bowles nor offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates has been reluctant to say that could change if Darnold impresses this summer. With camp starting on July 29, it won’t be too much longer before we start to find out if McCown’s right about the rookie.
Dzanan Musa Jersey
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Vlati // VLATI Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: